* * *
You can now download the results of any List Builder search. This is great if you want to create a custom reading list, or to copy our data for your own research.
Just configure the List Builder page by:
- Picking an author or leave blank for all
- Leave the title blank unless you want titles with certain keywords
- Put in a date range, or same year for both for a single year, or leave blank for all
- Pick the number of citations. A one gets all, higher numbers limited the results
- Pick whether you want just short stories, novels, or both
- Hit the Search button
Then on your results page click on “Download Results” and you’ll get a comma-delimited file to save which you can load into a spreadsheet or database. I import my results into Google Sheets to have an online checklist to keep for handy reference.
James Wallace Harris, 5/2/20